Monday, July 11, 2011

Playing footy for the first time with the Milwaukee Bombers

I scored 1 goal (worth 6 points) playing footy for the first time on Saturday with the Milwaukee Bombers (Australian rules football team) who came to Madison for a metro game.

I had a blast playing and getting to know everyone.  Footy, another name for Australian rules football, is a very fast-paced game where the ball can be kicked or punched forward and has some of the hitting you see in rugby/American football.

Although I must admit I was pretty tired and sunburnt that night and quite sore the next two mornings.  I knew I was out-of-shape, but I didn't realize how much I was out-of-shape.

Thanks to Doren, Paul, Cory and the rest of the crew for teaching me the ropes and taking it easy on a newbie!

The Bombers plan to have another metro game in Madison in August, if anyone is interested in playing, no experience required.


No comments:

Post a Comment